Podcast: Play in new window | Download
We’re back! We apologize for our absence; it’s time to move on down the road…
On this episode of The Tolkien Road, we continue our discussion of The Silmarillion with Chapter 11, Of the Sun and Moon and the Hiding of Valinor. We cover topics ranging from the “Happy Fault” philosophy of Manwë to the creation of the Sun and Moon to the curious inaction of the Valar.
- Poems 4:00
- The Death of Fëanor & “Evil Shall Be Good to Have Been” 13:00
- The Fruits of the Two Trees 24:00
- The Laziness of the Valinorians 29:00
- The Consequences of the Sun and Moon 36:00
- Morgoth Assails the Moon 41:50
- Fortifying & Hiding Valinor 43:15
Originally released: 11/9/2015.
Talking Tolkien is now known as The Tolkien Road.
If you like The Tolkien Road, you can support us for only $1 per episode via Patreon!