Hey there fellow travelers! Welcome to The Tolkien Road, a long walk through the works and philosophy of J.R.R. Tolkien. On this episode, we continue our discussion of The Silmarillion with Chapter 23, “Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin”, wherein Tuor the son of Huor comes to Gondolin with a dire warning from Ulmo. There’s a whole lot to discuss! By the way, if you haven’t already, please leave The Tolkien Road a rating and feedback on iTunes. We’d love to know what you think of the podcast. Enjoy the show!
Topics of discussion…
- Haiku – 4:00
- Tuor’s Background – 15:30
- Ulmo & Tuor – 21:00
- Turgon Won’t Heed Ulmo’s Warning – 30:00
- Tuor, Idril & Maeglin’s Plot – 39:00
- Tuor, Idril, and Eärendil – 42:00
- Morgoth Attacks; Glorfindel’s Heroics – 52:00
- Tuor & Idril Flee to Arvernien – 1:00:00
- Ulmo & the Valar – 1:02:30
- Tuor & Idril Into the West? – 1:06:30
Originally released: 3/19/2016.
Talking Tolkien is now known as The Tolkien Road.
If you like The Tolkien Road, you can support us for only $1 per episode via Patreon!