Concerning Peter Jackson’s “The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies”…
Please support on Patreon for as little as $1 per episode!
Topics discussed (chapter discussion begins at 5:30)…
- Smaug’s big splash / Bard
- The Master’s Death
- Thorin’s Dragon Sickness / The Arkenstone
- Dol Guldur
- The Battle
- The Journey Home
- BIRDS!!! Lesser role for Ravens, Thrushes, Eagles
- Does it ultimately pay off to have done this as 3 films, instead of 1 or 2?
- Was it justified for Jackson to take so many liberties?
- Also, listener Sharon B. once again joins us all the way from Australia to share her vast knowledge of the films!
For more on this episode and The Tolkien Road podcast, please visit TolkienRoad.com or Facebook.com/TolkienRoad. Also, follow us on Twitter via @TolkienRoad.
Please send correspondence to [email protected].