On this episode, we discuss the recent video unveiling the creative team behind Amazon’s forthcoming Middle-earth TV show, discuss the career and work of each team member, and what this bunch might mean for the overall direction of the show.
Please support on Patreon for as little as $1 per episode!
- JD Payne & Patrick McKay (Showrunners)
- Gennifer Hutchison (writer)
- Helen Shang (writer)
- Jason Cahill (writer)
- Glenise Mullins (consulting writer)
- Justin Doble (writer)
- Brian Cogman (writer)
- Stephany Folsom (writer)
- JA Bayona (Director / Producer)
- Belén Atienza (Executive Producer)
- Bruce Richmond (Executive Producer)
- Gene Kelly (Executive Producer)
- Lindsey Weber (Executive Producer)
- Ron Ames (Co-Producer)
- Kate Hawley (Costume Designer)
- Rich Heinrichs (Production Designer)
- Jason Smith (Visual Effects Supervisor)
- Tom Shippey (Tolkien Scholar) — Tolkien Estate retains power of veto
- John Howe (Illustrator / Concept Artist)
- LOTRonPrime on Reddit
- Tom Shippey on Wikipedia
- The Road to Middle-earth by Tom Shippey
- JRR Tolkien: Author of the Century by Tom Shippey
- IMDB for Lord of the Rings (Amazon TV Show)
- John Howe’s website
- Exploring The Hobbit by Corey Olson
- “What Does a Production Designer Do?” (NYFA.edu)
For more on this episode and The Tolkien Road podcast, please visit TolkienRoad.com or Facebook.com/TolkienRoad. Also, follow us on Twitter via @TolkienRoad.
Please send correspondence to [email protected].